If no one ‘likes’ you, then it’s time to embrace other techniques to get that Facebook page working harder.
A well run and well publicised contest or sweepstake is a fun and effective way to increase engagement and awareness of your company Facebook page.
A contest is a competition where the contestant is required to either upload a video, image or essay and will involve some type of judging or voting. A sweepstake is a competition that selects a winner at random from contestant’s entries.
To start with:
- Set yourself a budget, and remember that the budget you put aside for a Facebook competition doesn’t need to be big. Your prize will likely be the most expensive part of the competition (and the bigger the prize, the better the response, in general).
- Read and understand Facebook’s own promotion guidelines
- Define competition detail (prize, how to enter, closing date, T&C’s, etc, etc.)
- Identify a third party platform that allows you to build a customised Facebook tab to manage the competition entries
- Design and build your custom tab and entry mechanism (don’t forget to test it)
- Go live!
- Utilise all channels to advertise your contest or sweepstake: website, microsite, blog, email footers, Facebook page (obviously), online/offline newsletters, Twitter, other social media and Facebook ads
- Submit your competition to online competition directories (by doing this I increased our client’s sweepstake entries by 6000% in a week)
If you need any help creating a Facebook competition please get in touch!